Welcome to my shameless rip-off of James Lipton’s “10 Questions” with a very Comics Tavern spin on it!
Today, we torture current Comics Brewmaster Farel Dalrymple with our probing queries. Enjoy!
1. Goonies or Gremlins? Explain.
Goonies more than Gremlins but I liked them both. Goonies resonated with me a little more because of the age range when it came out I think.
2. Not to assume too much here, but since this is for Comics Tavern, what libation/drug(food/drink/other) do you enjoy? Do you ever partake while making art?? Explain.
Mostly just grass. Drinking while drawing usually doesn’t work out so well for me. Sometimes I drink a little whiskey and can get stuff done. I’ll take any drugs that I get for free if you are offering.
3. What was the last good movie you’ve seen? Explain.
Dallas Buyers Club. I didn’t know anything about going in and was nicely surprised. It wasn’t the kind of movie I would have probably seen if I knew anything about it.
4. Who were you in a previous life?
A sensitive Christian lad.
5. Which mainstream IP would you most like to work on?(comics/movies/TV/literature/etc.)
I had to look up “IP”. I can’t think of anything, It is hard for me to get excited about doing work that isn’t my own thing. I guess I would like to work on a Werner Herzog or Wes Anderson movie if I ever got the chance. Using the term IP just proves that I desperately want to sound like an industry insider hipster.
6 . What was the most embarrassing moment you’ve ever had out in public? It can be a convention story or anything that was really embarrassing.
Oh boy, this is a terrible question. I feel like my life is one long embarrassing situation. I can’t think of one instance that stands out.
7. Do you watch Duck Dynasty or any other reality T.V.?? Explain.
I have seen Meerkat Manor and watch some cat videos or vice documentaries on you tube. That’s about the most reality I can stomach. Just leaving the house for me is usually too much for me. I feel like most people in America think they are the star of their own reality show.
8. Describe your worst dating experience.
Meh, I’m not much of an experienced dater, the entire concept and process sort of sucks to me. I don’t know if I have a specific story that is worth talking about.
9. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure in life?
I guess my drug and alcohol problem? I binge watch a lot of tv series too. It is seemingly all connected.
10. You have the first It Will All Hurt printed comic coming out soon, and The Wrenchies from FirstSecond in the Fall. Are there any other upcoming releases or future projects that you can tell us about?
Well the first issue of IWAH has been out for a while but the second issue should be out soon-ish. I also finished a young adult story with MK Reed recently. We are shopping that around right now. I am also working on some more Pop Gun War and am going to have art in the last issue of the current prophet series.
Thanks, Farel, for being such a good sport, and thanks for correcting me on It Will All Hurt #1! OOPS! I see that the limited edition has been sold out for some time, now, but you can still buy the regular edition at The Study Group site, as well as read updates of the web comic. Cheers!
The photo for this article was “borrowed” from FB. 😉