1. Pegasus or Mr. Ed?
Mr. Ed, because I like earthy palominos and that horse actor’s name was “Bamboo Harvester.”
2. Would you describe yourself as a gamer and do you have a favorite game?
I love games, but I try not to play too many because I get addicted so quickly. I like old school text-based RPGs, board games like Puerto Rico and Dominion, “Mom” games like Mahjong and Spider Solitaire, and I have this fun one called Tiny Wings on my phone . I get obsessive and intense about Mario Kart Wii.
3. What was the last good movie you’ve seen?
I watched “Big,” which I hadn’t seen since I was a kid, and it had this whole new poignancy now that I’m close to thirty like Tom Hanks’ character. I love movies made in 86′-89′, they’re the best.
4. Who were you in a previous life?
My parents are hardcore atheist scientists, so when I used to ask them questions like this they’d shoot down my fantasies pretty quick. I’d be like, “But wasn’t I even a twinkle in Dad’s eye?” “Nope, our DNA hadn’t combined yet.” So, to answer your question, I was a wolf.
5. Name your least favorite pet if you have any.
I only have one pet, my dog Indy. So I guess she’s both my favorite and least favorite? I like her least when she’s projectile vomiting and trying to play tug o’ war at the same time.
6. On being a future guest on The View; dream or nightmare?
Both! I’d get nervous diarrhea being around all those people that early in the day, but it’d be so surreal and fun to be on there.
7. The Mayan calendar ends on December 21st, 2012. How are you preparing for the coming Apocalypse?
Saying “I don’t believe in that” while also nervously checking in with my loved ones.
8. Describe your worst dating experience.
I went on a long bike ride with this guy I’d been casually dating for a couple months – we kept talking about how we were going to get fried chicken after, and I was getting super hungry because we’d been biking for hours. But as soon as we got in his car, he dumped me! And drove me home! So I was starving and sad, and I couldn’t tell if I was pining more for him or the fried chicken.
9. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
The Bachelor. I don’t even really feel guilty though, I just like it. I’ve got a $5 bet placed on Courtney to win.
10. Will you make it to San Diego Comic-Con this year? What future projects can you tell us about?
I’m not sure about SDCC yet! Right now I’m working on some comics about a Toy Fair I went to, plus some other things that are TOP SECRET!
Thank you, Lisa!
Interview date: Fall 2012 – A. Yates